Monday, December 8, 2008

To Market, To Market

I had a bit of an adventure yesterday, as I explored the Camberwell Market in advance of hosting a stall there next weekend.

While I was there I picked up some rather excellent bargains, including some that shall be dutifully wrapped and placed under the Christmas tree for others. Yay. Don't you just love giving presents? Watching someone open gifts from me is actually my favourite part of the whole Christmas experience.
Here is a sample of my haul:

Christmas Baubles: $2 per box
Silver Bag: $5
Freshwater Pearl Necklace: $29
Silver Ballet Flats: $12





I only realised after I got home that most of my purchases were silver. Weird. But pretty - no?

I also found the most AMAZING 70's red linen wrap skirt and separate cropped jacket that matched, but that's for another post.

8 comments:

Andrea Eames said...

Very pretty!

Anonymous said...

The silver bag looks so unique and cool! I love it :D

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, I can't believe I just discovered your blog! Camberwell is such a wonderful place isn't it, I would have gone on sunday if my dad didn't take the car.
Those shoes are a fantastic find!
XXASAB
PS, how would you like to exchange links?

Miss_Red said...

Cute shoes - what a steal!

Sam said...

Oh wow.. Love the silver flats!

Neroli said...

Cat of Impossible Colour - Yes indeed, it looks like my inner Magpie was in full force!

Miss Karen - I bought it for one of my sisters, even though I considered keeping it for myself, I will be strong!

ASAB -Camberwell is great. I grew up there and the market is where I first discovered my love of vintage clothing - a long, long time ago!!

Miss Red & Sam - I know! they are so cute on they scream for dark coloured jeans don't you think?

Imelda Matt - The Despotic Queen of Shoes said...

This won't your first time holding a Camberwell Market stall, because I need to worn you about the torch flashers!

Neroli said...

Ah yes. I have had the misfortune to encounter the Torch Flashers previously. Don't worry - this time I will be prepared with my taser heels!