Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Another Discovery

The St Kilda Night Market is back, as featured in my previous post in December.

While perusing the stalls I was stopped dead in my tracks by this:

De. Vine.

Although the dress was a squillion sizes too small for this Vintage Vixen, I couldn't help notice the racks of gorgeous vintage men's and ladies clothing accompanying it either side:
Awesome men's shirts


Flirty woman's clothing from the 50's to 80's


The stall was being run by Melbourne costumier Amanda Fairbanks. Amanda sources vintage pieces for theatre, film and television and has created costumes for circus and stage performers here and around the world.

The exciting thing is that Amanda is on the cusp of launching her own online vintage clothing store, so those of you not fortunate enough to be based here in Melbourne can access her wares. She even has a hire service (for those fabulous pieces she cannot bear to let go) for those who are local. I'll let you know when it's all up and running!

How lovely is this 1960's French made jacket?

A close up of the label:

4 comments:

Andrea Eames said...

Yummy!

AusAnna said...

they are so great, i love the rouched red dress. to die for!x

Miss_Red said...

oooh that red dress is so beautiful!

Neroli said...

Yep, that red dress certainly was a show stopper! If it fit me I would have be so sorely tempted to add it to my collection, but I'm not exactly sure where I would wear it! *sigh* It's probably just as well!