Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Channelling Mad Men - The Secretarial Pool


I have firmly caught the Mad Men bug, especially now that it is available on free to air TV in Australia (8.30pm Thursday nights, SBS).
Here is my homage to the secretarial pool:
Black pencil skirt - so old I can't remember where it came from. White polyester (I know... I know...) sheer blouse thrifted from Hunter Gatherer eons ago.
As always the devil (and charm) is in the details. The micro-pleat texture never needs pressing (purfect for this Kitten, who lacks any skill with an iron) and ruffles on each sleeve is mirrored in the high neckline too.

The decorative button and bow detail on the front ties in nicely with the functional buttons down the back.

All I need now is a note pad and pen.... take a letter Miss Verve....

11 comments:

diamondsinchampagne said...

Omg that blouse is gorgeous. The buttons are a cute detail.

Smaggle said...

Ah! The gorgeous brunette in the white dress holding the glasses is a really good friend of mine! She's originally from Canberra but now she lives in LA. Ain't she grand??? Mr Smaggle and I watch the show and are constantly on 'Clare-watch'!

suzie wuzie said...

the buttons are so cute!

thanks for the heads up to mad men. i've seen it around the blogsphere a couple of times and thought it was one of those shows that would never reach australian shores. now my 8.30 thursday nights are booked in!

Couture Allure Vintage Fashion said...

You'll love "Mad Men"! The costume designer has done a fantastic job with the clothes for the different characters. I just sold a dress to the costume department, so I'm looking forward to seeing Joan wearing it in Season 3!

Anonymous said...

I love that Blouse! OMFG! What a fantastic find Miss Verve! Honestly, the pleats are amazing.

JEALOUS - In a I-could-never-find-a-mens-shirt-like-that sort of way :)

Xx

Candice DeVille said...

You did such a lovely job with all your Mad Men photos. All you need now is a rocking Joan hairdo.

Icy said...

I have to say I love the looks on Mad Men, but I've gone off the show itself.

But I've finally found/modified a pencil skirt to fit my new size and I have a similar top (in black) all ready to rock this week. Thanks for the inspiriation.

Amber said...

That top is gorgeous! I love clothes that are carefree and easy.

Side note: It always takes my reader 2 days or more to show your newest blog! If I click on it too soon, it says it can't find the page. I wonder why that is?

Anonymous said...

that blouse is to die for!! love how you channelled that mad men style too :)

Elle said...

Divine blouse :) I really like how Joan looks in plum...

Friend in Fashion said...

Love Mad Men and love that blouse - the detailing is devine!