Sunday, November 30, 2008

Viva Bris-Vegas!

I had the pleasure and privilege to be hosted by the lovely people of Brisbane Marketing on a two day whirlwind tour of the city for those in the events and marketing industry.

And so I entertained the dilemma of every style conscious girl when taking a short trip - what do I pack?

As I really only wished to take that which would facilitate the need for carry-on luggage only, I went out and found my version of the over-night bag (click to enlarge):


This over-sized Jag handbag is 48 cm long, 20cm wide and 20cm deep. Perfect size to fit:



One change of underwear, one floral print jersey maxi-dress (for dinner) a black & white cotton skirt, one pair of flat sandals, black short cardigan, light 3/4 sleeved top, one bikini (you never know....) and of course room enough for the essential beauty kit.
I can't tell you how proud of myself I was. Usually I am a chronic over-packer and always end up stuffing at least two full outfits that I never end up wearing (to say nothing of the shoes I take "just in case").

By limiting the size of my case, I forced myself to be economical with my travel wardrobe, which in turn allowed me to breeze straight from the aircraft and into the cars that whisked me off to my destinations. No more luggage carousel angst for this black duck!
And let me tell you, even in the aftermath of the recent storms, Brisbane is a wonderful and beautiful Australian city, full of life, fantastic food, wine, architecture and culture. I cannot wait to return to fully immerse my self at GOMA and spend more time exploring this lovely city.
Above, detail of The Powerhouse (cultural precinct) and the scrumptious high tea at Conrad Treasury Hotel.

No comments: